Stay Updated

Sunday 10 January 2016

January, January, January.

Hi! Happy new year! Sorry it's a bit late, things didn't go quite to plan my end.

Firstly, I hope you all had a really lovely break, and if you're back to work, or school, or uni, or whatever it is you usually do, I hope it's not been too bad for you. I am due back at university tomorrow, but unfortunately, I was involved in a car accident on Friday - I am moving nowhere fast. I am in quite a bit of pain, still a bit of shock, and I'm drugged up to my eyeballs on strong painkillers from the hospital. Not the best start, but, life goes on. I'm still alive to tell the tale, and that's all that matters.
In my last post, I shared with you guys some of my New Years Resolutions. To be honest, I'm actually really pleased with how I'm getting on with them! I have eaten breakfast every single day, apart from Saturday when I was stuck in the hospital for about 3 hours. When I got out I was absolutely starved, and I ate a few bites of a hot sausage roll just so that I could take some pain relief on a full stomach. The medication I'm on knocks me out for about 4 hours - and that's with just 1 tablet... I was told to take 2 at a time, but I'm not sure if I would ever wake up! They take a short while to kick in, but then my vision goes a bit blurry, I feel really lethargic and my speech slurs a bit. That's when I know it's time for a nap. It takes me about half an hour when I wake up to come back to the land of the living. It's very weird, but it does ease the pain for a short time.

I haven't yet joined the gym, and again, I don't think I'll be doing that in a hurry. I can barely lift my own head without aching, so not sure a kettle bell is going to be my best friend right now. But I am making some better choices food wise. Of course I've had the odd splurge and eaten what I want, but I have also made some good decisions and stayed away from stuff I don't need, just want.

Travel wise, Alex and I have looked in to going away for his birthday again. Just to Manchester for a weekend for the football at the end of February, and we've also looked at a few hotels in Barcelona for a long weekend in the Spring. I'm really excited to get something booked, as I love city breaks. I think they are so exciting, and I love exploring new places and making memories.

On the saving money front, we opened an account on the 1st January, and we have put quite a lot in there already. We had a pot of dreams that we smashed open, and I was shocked at just how much we had saved. I'm really proud of us, and can't wait to watch the amount grow.

I have read, without fail, every single day since New Years Day. I've found that I am more relaxed, and I'm so much more willing to get everything done that I need to once I've taken even 15/20 minutes out of my day to just read. I have already finished Made by Millie Mackintosh, and I'm now reading Strong Looks Better Naked by Khloe Kardashian. I am in love with Khlo-$, and her book is honestly so inspirational. I think I'm going to take tips from Kris Jenner and highlight all my favourite quotes and self help notes. Such a good idea, as you can see the things you feel you need to work on.

My blogging goal was to continue blogging and meet more people - I've connected with some more people on Twitter, and have started to follow some more really cool blogs - ones that aren't always focused on beauty or make up, but a bit of everything. It's nice to see how other people want to grow their blog, and change things here and there, but I think everyone's blog is amazing and capturing a piece of them that they want to show. Everybody has different tastes, and that's ok. Just be you, and enjoy it - I personally think it's obvious when you're pretending to be something different just for the sake of your blog.

I hope you're all getting on well with your resolutions - I'd still love to hear some, and see if we can help each other out in any way! Let me know girls and guys. Stay strong!! You can do it - I believe in you!

With love, Georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment