Stay Updated

Thursday 28 January 2016

Top 10: Make up.


I am absolutely loving playing with make up at the moment. I'm learning more and more everyday, and it's really making such a huge difference to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm no make up artist, but I think make up should be about what you want, what you like, and how you want to be.
As far as I'm concerned, there's no right or wrong with make up - apart from the obvious like not matching your foundation to your skin tone. It all depends on what you like!

So, I thought I'd share with you my favourite items in my make up collection! I'll link everything below so you can take a look if you wish!


  • Benefit Porefessional Skin Primer

I can't even begin to tell you how much this product changes my face and my make up application. I have quite dry skin, so I always need the extra moisture. I moisturise my face and let it sink in for about 10 minutes. I usually do my eyebrows in this time. I then apply my holy grail, Porefessional, on my skin and rub it in lightly with my finger tips. I usually focus more on problem areas such as my nose, my cheeks and sometimes my forehead. I just find this helps my make up stick to my face so much better, and applies so much more smoothly. I use a foundation brush to apply the foundation to my face, a stippling brush to buff the foundation in to my skin, and a Beauty Blender to press the foundation in to my skin when I'm done buffing. I love it. I recently bought some huge tubes as you can see, and they were such good value for money. Thanks Benefit for the sale! I won't be running out any time soon.

  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - Vanilla/Light Beige
Again, another holy grail of mine. For so long I struggled with finding the right foundation for my skin type. I googled and googled and tested and tested, but I just couldn't find The One. I tried high end brands, like Estee Lauder, I tried MAC, I tried everything. And one day, for some reason, I just decided to try the Healthy Mix Foundation, and I've never looked back. Who would have thought the answer to my prayers sat in Superdrug and Boots for £9.99? This foundation is literally a God send. In my opinion, it applies like silk, has a really nice smell, and is perfect coverage. I have nothing clinging to any dry patches, I don't go orange, and I think it just looks gorgeous all day long. When my skin is bad, I tend to apply a little bit more for even more coverage, and I also like to use a setting powder to keep everything where it should be, but I can't give it enough credit. I do think that I'm between two shades, so I simply buy both and mix them. That way I can chop and change depending on whether I've fake tanned or not! I buy this product in bulk, as I really can't see myself changing it in the near future.

  • LA Girl Pro Conceal - Beautiful Bronze
After watching a few YouTubers, I heard a lot of good things about the LA Girl Pro Conceal products. A lot of 'Beautiful Bronze' was thrown about as a contour shade - and what girl can resist a bit of contour? I decided to go for it, and I bought one tube of the product from Amazon. I think I paid about £3 for it? Bargain. So, the first time I tried it I thought it was rubbish, and I couldn't wait to get it off my face. But then one day I didn't have anywhere to go, so naturally I sat at my vanity and did my make up for the fun of it. And I tried this product with a proper contour brush (Real Techniques Bold Metals 301), and I fell in love. I started wearing it for occasions that I needed a stronger, longer lasting contour, and I got so many compliments and comments on it. Now I have learned how to use it, where to use it and how much product I need where, I couldn't be without it! It honestly is the most beautiful bronze colour, and I love love love it.

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit - Light/Medium
Ok, so, as much as I love my LA Girl bargain, I don't need a heavy contour for day to day life. Sometimes I'm just popping to Tesco and need a bit of colour and definition on my moon head. So, I instantly grab my ABH Powder Contour Kit. It has the most amazing selection of colours in it, and I often tend to use the cool tones for my contour, and I use the lighter shades as a base for my highlight. I feel like this palette is so pigmented, and so buildable. It blends so easily, and I sometimes do use this contour kit to amplify my LA girl cream contour if I'm going somewhere special. This kit was bought as a gift to me, and I honestly do love it. If I hadn't been gifted with it, I would have purchased it for myself - and I won't hesitate to buy the refills when I hit pan!

  • Chanel Soeil Tan De Chanel
I waited soooooooo long to buy this product as I wasn't sure whether I wanted it because it was a good product, or because it was Chanel. I think this product retails at around £28-£32 depending on where you buy it, but Black Friday fell on payday, so I thought there would be no better time to try it than that time. I got this product for around £22, and I can't believe I didn't try it before. I've seen it play a big role in so many beauty bloggers make up collection, and I wish I had bought it sooner. There are so many different ways you can use this product - I personally use it as just a bronzer, instead of a bronzing base, but of course everybody is different. I love the colour of this, it's so warm and just really adds colour to my cheeks and my forehead. It's very creamy, and smells divine. It took me forever to actually use this product because it was just so pretty, I didn't want to ruin it. But I did, and I'm glad I did. I look forward to the day I hit pan on this, just so I can buy a new one hehehehe.

  • The Balm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer
So I fell in to the contour and highlight trend quite late, and whenever I tried to buy MACs Soft & Gentle, it was always sold out. So again, back to Amazon I went, and I purchased my first ever proper highlighter, which was this beauty. I love it. I have got Watts Up by Benefit, and I sometimes use that as almost like a base, as I find it really creamy - this just clings to the cream in the best way and highlights me to high heaven. I can sometimes go a bit overboard and get a bit excited, but it's just so God-damn good. I use it on my cheekbones, the tip of my nose, my brow bone, my forehead, and sometimes my inner corners. I tend to use a Spectrum Large Fan brush, and just sweep it over the areas I want to add a little glow to. I am tempted to try the Toyshop Glow Pot as a base, but haven't got round to it yet. I even have the Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight kit, and still think this is better - and a LOT cheaper, I might add. Being quite pale, I love how this just sits on top of my foundation, like it's colourless, but just gives me that little glow that I need to look alive. A must-have in my book!

  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade - Medium Brown
Words can't even describe how much this product has impacted my life. Goodbye bare brows, hello beautiful, full, thick looking brows that last forever and a day with this product when used with the ABH clear eyebrow gel. One thing you do need to know, though, is.. A little goes a very, very long way. I know you're not meant to keep this product longer than 6 months, but I've had it for longer than that I've barely scratched the surface! It does go a little bit dry sometimes, but I spray a bit of Fix+ on it, and boom, problem solved. I just can't get enough. I use the ABH eyebrow brush, and define the outline of my brows before filling them in with this product. It's again very creamy but it does set well, and you can go as light or as heavy with your definition as you please. I do have an amazing beautician who always does my brows just how I like them, but if I'm going out or have some kind of event, I tend to want to define my brows a little bit more - and this is my go-to product. I know Benefit have Gimme Brows and some other brow products that I would like to try as maybe a cheaper alternative, but I'm not 100% sure of the price difference. I know that I'd be more than happy to pay the price again for the Dipbrow, as it really is worth it. 

  • Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette / Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture
Okay, okay, I know, this is two in one which is maybe kind of cheating BUT BUT BUT, they are both just soooooo good. I find they are not my everyday palettes, I tend to use Make Up Revolution for everyday as their shades are perfectly pigmented, and just quite basic for standard looks, but when I want to up the game a little bit, these two products are my honeys. When I went to Paris for my 21st, I went to Sephora (DREAM come true, PLEASE come to the UK!!), and I couldn't decide between the original Chocolate Bar or the Semi-Sweet. Alex was with me, and pointed out so many more shades in the Semi-Sweet palette that I wouldn't use (thanks babe), and so I ended up walking away with the original Chocolate Bar palette. Wow. Just wow. The colours are just amazing. So intense, so gorgeous, and so varied. I genuinely believe I will use every single shade in the palette with ease!! My favourites are probably Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Amaretto and Creme Brûlée. Alex couldn't believe the palette actually smells like real chocolate, and he had a good old sniff of it when we got back to our hotel room, bless him. Moving on to the ABH Shadow Couture palette - well, let's just say, I definitely paid SO much more for this than necessary, but I got it off Amazon from a private seller because it was SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE. Literally everywhere in the world. And with it being limited edition, I worried that it would never come back. I've not seen it anywhere since, so maybe I got lucky in a backhanded kinda way. We will see. This palette is what dreams are made of. The colours are amazing, and you can create so many looks with this palette. I do like to mix and match my shades from a variety of palettes, but with this, you don't even need to. I like to use some matte shades like Soft Peach, Morocco and Fudge as transition shades, and love Spoiled, Bellini and Pink Champagne for a pop of colour and sparkle. I honestly couldn't fall more in love with this palette if I tried.

  • Benefit They're Real Mascara
This mascara is a miracle in a silver container. Honestly. I've been using this product since it came out, and I love it more and more every day - although my purse probably doesn't. It is kinda pricey, but who can put a price on how AMAZING it is? I do love false lashes, but I can't wear them everyday - I like to rub my eyes a lot so can't do it. But I can with this mascara as it just doesn't budge! I find it lengthens my lashes like magic, and really defines each lash individually. I can't get enough of it. I do find myself reaching for other mascaras to do different jobs, like a bit of volume, and sometimes a mascara that is extra dark. But if I had to pick one mascara to live on for the rest of my life, it would be this one, hands down. If I'm wearing this on its own, I always get comments on my lashes. Every single time. It's a winner. Always in my handbag. Yes. Yes yes yes.

  • MAC Prep and Prime Fix+
Got a problem? Fix+ will solve it. I feel like that's all that needs to be said. Want dewy skin? Fix+. Wanna wake up a bit in the morning when you're still tired but need to do your make up? Fix+. Want extra pigment in your shimmer eyeshadow? Fix+. Need a hydrating make up base? Fix+. Broken your arm? Fix+. No, I'm kidding, but honestly, Fix+ hides a multitude of sins in my life. I literally use it all the time. Sometimes I spray it on my face, sometimes I spray it on my brushes, sometimes I do my eye make up first and then spray it all with Fix+ before I move on to my face primer. I just love it. As I've said, I do suffer with dry skin, and this is so hydrating. I wish I'd been able to get my hands on the scented ones that MAC randomly popped up with last year, but sadly I wasn't that lucky - doesn't matter because the original one is heaven on earth. I can't say it enough. Honestly, if you don't have it, I'd recommend getting it to try. Even if you can get a sample size, just give it a go. I really don't think you'll regret it.


With love, Georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment