Stay Updated

Thursday 21 January 2016

Blue Monday? Blue January more like!


Urrrrggggghhhhh I cannot even believe my January has gone as bad as it has already! It all started off so good! I was eating my breakfast everyday, doing a bit of reading, so much life planning, to do lists, eating better, motivation to join the gym, excitement to go back to uni... And then my car accident happened. It was one small thing on just one insignificant day, but it changed so much for me in the weeks that have followed. My accident was two weeks ago, and I'm still not back to my normal life. It's literally doing my head in!
As we speak, I have just taken one of my very strong painkillers, so please do forgive me if I go a little bit off track - they do all sorts of weird things to me.

The day of my accident (which wasn't my fault - somebody drove in to the side of my car!), I was in so much shock and I think I had so much adrenaline running through me, I honestly didn't even realise what was about to hit me. It was only when I was home in bed that evening that I started to feel a little bit achey, so I had a nice hot bath, mum sorted me out with a hot water bottle and I crashed out at about 8pm. I slept for about 12 hours, and when I woke up, well, good God. The pain. I felt like I must have been in the ring with Anthony Joshua - my whole body felt like it would fall apart at any moment if somebody so much as touched me. I literally couldn't move without it hurting. I felt so stupid because the car crash wasn't absolutely horrific, although it was quite an impact and left a dent in my car and a few scratches, I got away really lightly. It just really took me by surprise.

Mum took me to A&E straight away because she could see that I was in pain. I sat there for about 2 hours before I was seen for a pre-screening, and then for about another hour before I was seen again by an actual Doctor. Although I had waited a long time and was in a lot of pain, when I saw him I was so glad I had gone. He looked at my back and said straight away he could see that all of one side of my back had tensed up, and was showing my mum just how bad things were. I'm not even exaggerating when I say, he GRABBED my shoulders and squeezed them SO HARD I had tears in my eyes. My mum was cringing for me, I could hear her! He told me that I had whiplash, and that my symptoms would get a lot worse before they got better - just what you want to hear when you're in just about as much pain as you think your body can take!

He gave me some exercises to do which he said would help relieve some of my neck pain, which in all honesty, have helped quite a bit. But just like he said, my pain has now moved and completely different areas are absolutely killing me. I came home with a packet of really strong painkillers and some anti-inflammatory tablets, and he told me I could expect to be feeling the pain for about 10 days. I would say 10 days was quite accurate, but I was still feeling a bit sore and stiff..... And then I saw the physio.

She was good, to be fair. Really good. She did all different movement tests with me, and looked at all different aspects of how I was doing before she made a diagnosis. She made me relax on the couch, and she was poking me and prodding me in all kinds of places to assess which places hurt the most - trust me, she found all the right spots. But, again, wow. She absolutely nailed it, and she said I should expect pain for up to three days after my first session - I am FEELING it now, and I've had a hot water bottle attached to me, and have been taking my painkillers, too. She has booked me in for the maximum amount of sessions which is 6, and she says that my treatment will have to be harsh in order for my deep tissue muscle damage to get better. I am absolutely crapping my panties, as she said it will cause bruising and a lot of pain! Aaaaahhhh!! Anyone that knows me will know that I do not do pain. Apart from my bikini wax - Madi, I trust you with my life!

I'm absolutely gutted that I've missed two weeks of uni, and it looks to me as if I'm set to miss another week until I get the green light from my physio and GP about driving again. I have driven to a few places close by, but it's not enjoyable. My hire car is a dream and pretty much drives itself, but I just don't feel the same. I guess I'm still a bit nervous, and I think as a passenger I'm even worse. I am in no hurry to start driving properly again, especially not the long journey that I take to get to uni. It's an hour and a half each way, and I just don't think I could sit through that length of pain without taking the painkillers - which I can't because they make me so drowsy that it would be too dangerous. One of those lose/lose situations. Ahh well. I'm keeping up to date with everything from home, and I just can't wait to get back there to see my best friend Lyds <3

I have spent most of my days in bed, and when I've not been in bed I've been on the sofa trying to stay upright to relieve some pain. I've got another medical examination in London on Feb 15th, so I'm just trying to keep my spirits up until then when I know everything for definite. I can't wait to get my little baby car back - my pride and joy! Hopefully she will be back next week. Fingers crossed!!

I am so desperate to get to the gym, but at the minute I'm just wiped out with this pain. As I said before, I can't even lift my own body parts without it hurting, so no weights are coming near me right now! Poor Alex has even had to wash my hair for me because it hurts. He's such a good boy :)

Sorry for such a little outburst, I just want to keep up with this blog so much because I really enjoy it, but I know I dropped the ball for a little while just because I didn't have the energy to sit and write anything. But as part of my New Years Resolution, I thought I'd best force myself to tonight!

I've had a delivery from Spectrum this week that I ordered when I was feeling a little bit poorly. It's just more make up brushes, but they are absolutely gorgeous, so I'll show you them very soon I'm sure. They are definitely up there with my Real Techniques brushes.

I love keeping up to date with all you lovely blogging girls, so definitely stay in touch through Twitter and Instagram and stuff, I love seeing all your updates - trust me, I've been doing so much blog reading while I've been feeling crap, I think I know your lives better than you do!


Speak soon!

With love, Georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment