Stay Updated

Friday 22 January 2016

My Micellar Love.

I don't know about anyone else, but in the winter my skin really, really suffers. My skin dries up so much, and I get horrible patches on my forehead and my nose that I cannot do anything to make it better. No matter how good my skin care routine is, I just can't win.

So I decided it was time to take a stand and make some changes for the better. I always used to use baby wipes to remove my make up as my skin is so sensitive and I can break out if I use any stronger face wipes - I just find they cause my skin to dry out even more, and they really sting my face!

I was getting annoyed with how my skin was, even though I was looking after it properly how I should have been, but nothing was working. Eventually I just decided to bite the bullet, and I took up the advice of so many blogging girls that I love, and I bought the Garnier Micellar Water, and I've honestly not looked back. I used the water for the first time, and it made such a huge difference, literally over night. My skin felt so soft and even though it does smell a little bit funny at first, it was like a dream come true.

I've since discovered the Micellar Extra Gentle Cleansing Wipes, and I use them every morning and every night, too. They are very soft and gentle on my skin, and I personally think they feel silky smooth. They remove every trace of make up, and I like to use the water to go over my skin afterwards on a cotton pad just to make it feel nice and fresh and clean. I also apply another cleanser by Elemis, and a super-hydrating night cream by Clarins.


My skin has been so much better, and if I do get the odd break out, I smother the problem area in Micellar Water when I go to bed, and in the morning everything is good again. Yay!

Before Christmas I also bought myself the Clinique 3 Step Anti-Blemish Kit, which I used religiously for about a week... And then I fell off the bandwagon. All the while I was using it, my skin felt really good and it was so clear - I was blackhead free and loving life. Then I stopped doing it for literally 2 days, and my skin looked like a minefield! I don't know if it was just where my skin was reacting to not being as clean as it was before, or whether it really was the chemicals that Clinique use in their products that can be quite bad for the skin. Initially, I didn't think it was too bad, but maybe I didn't give it a chance to set in properly? I don't know, but I've not used it since - eeeeek.

I'm tempted to give it another go, because I did like how it helped my blackheads, but I don't want to go through the pain of the bad skin again. It's embarrassing! And the worse my skin got, the more make up I put on it, which meant my pores were just clogging up even more - bad bad bad!!!!

Has anybody else tried this Clinique kit? I would like to know if I'm the only one? What about the Micellar Water, what do you guys think of that? It's definitely up there with some of my favourite products at the moment - I just hope it continues to work! It's such good value for money for how much product you get, and I feel like it will never run out!

Let me know!

With love, Georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment