Stay Updated

Saturday 13 February 2016

P is for.....

Pink Parcel!

Subscribing to Pink Parcel was probably the best thing I've done in a long time! Every girl knows that her period is definitely the worst week of the month. I always found myself planning my social life and any other activities around that dreaded week. But now, with the help of my Pink Parcel every month, I now look forward to my period because I know that I'm going to be graced with so many nice treats in my box!


When I first subscribed to Pink Parcel, it cost £9.95 per month. I selected the date closest to when my period was due to receive my box, and I also made other kinds of selections, such as whether I prefer sanitary towels or tampons, what kind of protection I'd like - heavy, normal, wings, no wings, etc. I feel like the ability to make these kinds of choices make the box feel a little bit more personal.

Every month, I get this special parcel from my postman. He would never know what is in it because the packaging is just black and pink, which I think is very discreet. This package contains a selection of pads/tampons - some for daytime, some for night time, some to slip in my handbag etc. I also  receive a little gift from Sass, which is a company that have teamed up with Pink Parcel, and provide products for the more intimate areas. These include cleansing wipes, freshening sprays, and washing lotions. I love this added touch, as it feels like I've always got what I need to feel better and more confident when I'm on my period.

In the Pink Parcel every month - and I believe this is its winning feature - is a box of goodies just for me. In this box, you will find happiness. I just love it. Most months, you get some kind of herbal tea - sometimes I fancy giving it a go, other times I'm not so keen, but in January's box, I got a Vanilla tea. I haven't used this yet, but I'm going to give it a go when I carry out my next pamper night for sure. I also received a little pack of cute note pads that I've stuck in my handbag as they are small enough but really handy and practical. I've already decided one is going to be used as a shopping list pad - it's lined, so I just jot down everything in there that I need to buy, and tick things off as I go along. I also found a lipstick in my box, some eye shadow pigment, and a box of sweeties. Sometimes I get chocolate, but I must admit I prefer getting sweets. They are usually gelatine free - not that this concerns me, as I'm not a vegetarian, but for those subscribers that are, it's a really good and thoughtful touch from Pink Parcel.

Although the price has now gone up to £12.99 a month, the box and its content have definitely improved. The products can range from jewellery, to full size products such as nail varnish, lipsticks, lipgloss, stationery, etc. I always look forward to opening my box to see what new products I've got! Sometimes if I don't think I'll use something, I pass it on to my mum, my friends or my niece, but that's very rare!

I love mine so much and thought the concept was amazing, I even decided to set up a subscription for my niece, Faith. I think I still pay £9.99 a month for her Teen Pink Parcel, which is such good value because she gets really amazing bits in hers too! She gets nail varnishes, make up, face masks, good face washes - for her age and hormonal skin, I think these things are perfect for a young girl.

I've been getting my parcels for about a year now, and I honestly wouldn't ever look back. The only not so good thing, is that I get soooooooo many pads I could never go through them all! I have seen a few other subscribers say that they want to cancel their subscription because they have enough pads to last them for a lifetime, but I don't want to do that and miss out on anything good! I love their little goodies too much. I tend to just stick all my pads in my medicine draw, keep a few in my handbag for emergencies - you never know when you or someone around you could get the unexpected gift from Mother Nature!

If you are interested in the Pink Parcel, it's definitely worth a little look at.


With love, Georgie x


No comments:

Post a Comment