Stay Updated

Sunday 7 February 2016

Love a lazy Sunday.

I can't lie, I bloody love a lazy Sunday!
If I'm being really honest, I prefer to spend my whole Sunday in bed. If I move, it will be for food or tea. That's it. Breakfast, yes, roast dinner, yes, anything else? No!

Alex works two weekends a month, so the weekends he's at work I tend to make more of my Sundays - I'll get washing and ironing done, a bit of cleaning and dusting in the bedroom. When he's off though, all that boring stuff is out the window! We like to have a nice breakfast in bed, catch up on any Saturday night TV that we missed, or even anything we missed from during the week. Sometimes we watch Match of the Day, or a DVD. Sometimes I'll even play Call of Duty. But most of the time, I just love to chill in preparation for the long week ahead of me. It's true what they say; a Sunday well spent brings a week of content!

My perfect Sunday goes a little bit like this:

Wake up around 9am, stay in bed until about 10. During this time, I'll have a read of my Kindle, maybe check my phone for emails, reply to any that I have, check Instagram, Twitter, FB, Snapchat etc. When I'm done, I will usually go downstairs to make breakfast, or we will drive to McDonalds for one of their breakfasts. Sometimes a McD's breakfast just can't be beaten.

When breakfast is done, I like to turn on the TV and catch up on anything I've missed or want to see. If there's nothing on, I'll carry on reading, or just have a quick tidy around of the bedroom. I like to just mooch about with no real purpose on a Sunday, so I tend to do just whatever really needs to be done in order for me to relax. I cannot chill out at the best of times, so when my room is a mess it's a definite no go. I often find myself planning a lot on a Sunday. I like to put together a plan for the week ahead, including blog ideas, photo slots and uni work. 

If Alex and I are cooking dinner for the family, we would usually pop to Tesco to grab all the ingredients. When we get home, we get started on all the prep. Get the potatoes peeled, all the veg chopped and ready to boil or roast etc. If we aren't cooking, we just get to enjoy making the most of a day of relaxation!

After we have eaten on a Sunday, I usually run a nice hot bath and relax in there for a while. I'll take my Kindle, light a few scented candles and just take a bit of time out. I like to wash my hair, exfoliate, shave, wash my face, and moisturise my whole body thoroughly. I might make Sundays my tanning days from now on, actually. I have started using my Clinique 3 Step Anti Blemish routine again, as I do honestly believe it really helped my skin. I like to make sure my face is completely looked after on a Sunday, by getting it very clean, clear and fresh. Sometimes in the bath I'll stick on a face mask to keep my skin really hydrated and soft - nothing worse than skin that feels tight when you move! I just like to think that any dirt left over from a whole week of wearing make up will be completely gone, and my face gets a little breather on a Sunday. 

Of course, if we are going out on a Sunday then my routine changes, but I do always like to have a little bit of time out, and a clean face by the time I go to bed. 

I try my best to get an early night on a Sunday to be fresh faced and fully prepared for Monday, but that's mostly not the case, however hard I try!

What do you like to do on a Sunday?

With love, Georgie x


No comments:

Post a Comment