Stay Updated

Sunday 7 February 2016

Anniversary Treats.

For our anniversary, Alex decided to take me to Galu. It's an absolutely amazing Mediterranean /Cypriot restaurant in Banstead, and it's one of my favourites. It's kind of tucked away in the middle of nowhere, like you wouldn't know it was there unless you probably get lost or take the wrong turning? But I know it's there, and I'm a winner.
I literally love date night, it's my favourite thing ever. I love getting all dressed up, doing my hair and make up, making sure my fake tan is perfect, and then going out and spending an evening with my lover.

I, of course, used my Cocoa Brown Tan the night before we went out, and I left it on for two and a half hours this time before I washed it off... Kind of risky, but it definitely paid off. I woke up on the morning of our dinner, and I was greeted by a healthy glow, lovely golden legs, and a little tiny hint of biscuit, but enough that it could be disguised by perfume, not a problem. I was happy with how my tan came out, and I was so excited to wear a nice dress and show off the colour. Unfortunately, the FREEZING COLD weather was kind of against me, so I decided against the dress, but I knew deep down my tan was a dream underneath my clothes!

I spent hours getting ready - such a typical girl thing. I don't normally take toooooooo long, but for this occasion, I went all out with the getting ready process. I washed, dried, straightened then curled my hair. Long. So, I used my ProBlo Curl Me rollers on the top of my hair to give it some volume and it definitely did, I'm absolutely obsessed with the results of the ProBlo kit! Add a bit of volumising hairspray to the mix, and you're on to a winner. Dream. I curled the ends of my hair with a BaByliss Glamour Waves Curling Tong, which actually worked so much better than I ever expected. I've had it for years and never ever used it, but I think I'll use it all the time now. My hair is so thick and heavy, that curlers don't usually even do anything, but these lasted for a few hours before they dropped, so it's better than nothing! I was really impressed with these.

If you saw my post on my Top 10: Make Up, you will not be surprised to hear that I used all of those products when doing my make up for the night! I was able to use a slightly darker shade of my Bourjios Healthy Mix Foundation because of my tan, so I went for just Light Beige instead of mixing it with Vanilla, as I wanted my face to match my neck and skin tone, obviously. I went for a slightly heavier eye make up look than I usually do, and used a mixture of shades from my ABH Shadow Couture Palette and the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. I love the mixture of matte and shimmer shades, they really do enable you to create the most gorgeous blends and colours. I'm kind of obsessed.

I can be quite fussy when I go out, as I want to wear clothes that I think flatter my figure best. I feel like I've put on so much weight since my accident, as I've not been out and about and using my body like I used to? I've still not managed to get to the gym yet, although I am responding really well to my physio treatment, and I'm really happy with the way things are going. Like I said, I wanted to wear a dress, but it just wasn't practical with the weather, so I went for some Joni Jeans from Topshop, a plain white T-shirt from Pretty Little Thing, a camel coat from somewhere that I cannot remember for the life of me where it was from - sorry!, and some nude Louboutin Pigalles. I love wearing my Loubs on special occasions, and for those that want to know if they are uncomfortable - yes, they are. These shoes are not made for comfort! But after about 45 minutes my toes go numb and I can't feel anything so I guess it gets better! Haha! It won't stop me buying more though, there's a couple more pairs I've got my eyes on! I took my Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 with me too, as I love to carry my whole life inside that bag. I'd literally pack some of my family members in there if I could.

When we got to the restaurant, I knew I wanted to make the most of my first night out in forever, so I went straight for the cocktails. I had a Don Galu, which is the strangest mixture of sweet and sour, with Amaretto and passion fruit. I'd had it before - loved it then, and love it still. We had a starter, which was Halloumi cheese - one of my favourite foods ever. I could honestly live on halloumi without any problems ever. It was served on a bed of warm mixed peppers which I think were almost caramelised, some baby tomatoes and some greens. It was amazing, cooked to perfection, and I could have eaten two portions of it so easily. For the main course, I had chicken souvlaki, with comes served with cracked wheat pilaf and a yogurt. Both are insanely good, and you get so much chicken! Alex had a spaghetti bolognese, and we also went in and ordered homemade chunky chips and a little portion of Mac'n'Cheese. Don't say we don't live on the wild side! Everything was so good, and there was nothing left on either of our plates! We didn't manage to get dessert, as we were both absolutely stuffed. I honestly couldn't have eaten another thing! So good. If you live nearby, I'd definitely recommend going.

The staff were really friendly, and weren't annoying. If you wanted them, they were there, but they were quite happy to let you get on with your meal, and not keep interrupting. Really, really good service.

Overall, the whole evening was just wonderful, and I'm already excited to go back! I'm hoping to take my mum for her birthday lunch, as she loves in in there too.


I bloody love date night, and I love Galu. And Alex. Yummy.

With love, Georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment