Stay Updated

Monday 28 December 2015

2015 in 12 pictures.

It seems insane to think that 2016 is only a few days away. Almost impossible. I remember when I was a kid, I never used to get the hype about New Year. I just thought it was an excuse for adults to have a drink, sing that song while holding hands, and cry about being hungover the next day? Well, I spent a couple of New Years Day mornings hugging the toilet and sleeping on the bathroom floor, but that's another story.
Now I'm older, I feel as though I understand what 'grown ups' love about the New Year. It's a chance to set some new goals to accomplish, some personal targets - I love that kind of stuff. It means making a list! One thing I've learned though, is to not try to make too many changes in one go. Everyone says they're gonna go to the gym, or eat better, and by January 8th the gym is empty and the biscuit aisle in Tesco is everyone's best mate again. I'm guilty of it, I can't deny.

I feel as though to be able to make resolutions for 2016, I needed to look over 2015 and see where I maybe went wrong, or things I want to change to be able to make the most out of the upcoming year. Looking back over the past year, I'm actually really pleased with my year, but I know what I want to be different next year.

January 2015: Alex and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary, and he booked us a hotel in Winchester so we could wake up together on our day instead of me having to get up at 5:30am to get to uni for 9. I love our anniversary being in January, it means we get to start a new year together and set our goals as a couple.


February: Alex turned 24! I booked us a weekend in Manchester, with a quick pit stop in Bristol on the way home. We went to Old Trafford for the football, which I have to admit, I actually really love. Seeing Alex enjoy himself as much as he does there is just incredible, and the atmosphere is something else.


March: In March this year, all of us went to visit Alex's family, and had a big family dinner all together. It was so nice to be together and having such a good laugh, I loved it. Mixing my family with Al's family is my favourite thing to do, it makes life so much easier when your families become one.


April: EASTER! Big family meals again, Bank Holidays, and soooooo much fun with my rugrats. I loved picking Charlie up from school a few times in April, he always makes me laugh so much. He's got such a character and he's just so much fun.


May: Exam season at uni was not quite ideal, but a night out with some old Sainsbury's friends made it all better I suppose. I love this photo of me and my Tyler, I really miss working with her every weekend.


June: Going to the Capital FM Summertime Ball for the second time was so good, I bloody loved it. Celebrating Nicola's wedding reception was also an amazing evening, especially being able to spend it with my Mum, Nan & Grandad.



July: Half of July we spent in Sharm - aaaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh I still can't get over how beautiful it was and how much fun we had. I've never been anywhere so perfect, and I'm so excited to book another holiday! We spent two weeks in absolute paradise, and there was not a single fault. If only there weren't so many problems in Egypt right now, otherwise we would be going back for definite. When we came back from Egypt we went to a crocodile park in Oxford - if you can, I'd 100% recommend going - we absolutely loved it!


August: This is the month that my dreams came true. I finally had the chance to visit Cadbury World! We spent a day in Birmingham during a weekend staying in Bristol, and what a crazy day it was. We managed to spend £50 on Cadbury chocolate, go to a safari park, and go to the Everyman Cinema in the Mailbox all in one day. I was absolutely shattered by the time we got back to Bristol, but it was so much fun.


September: Well, September was so good and so bad for me. I started my third and final year at uni, which was good, but my Phil started her first day at secondary school! Charlie also started reception. Killer! They are growing up so fast! I love seeing them go off on their new adventures, and coming home and telling me all the new things they are learning. It really does make me so proud of them, and the little people they are becoming. My gorgeous baby cousin Eden also started reception too, after graduating from pre-school. I couldn't love this kid anymore if I tried, I just think she's perfect. I wanna squish her she's so cute. Being back at uni meant my time at Little Apples was over, and I can honestly say I met some of the best girls ever being there. I became part of a family that I already miss. I spent more time with them over the course of 4 months than I did with my family. Love them so very much.


October: My mum and I spent the day at London Zoo, where we fed the giraffes! We were so lucky that we were the only two people doing it that day, so we had all three giraffes to ourselves, and a huge bucket of carrots and sweet potato to feed them. My mum absolutely loves giraffes, so she was in her element bless her. I was a little bit scared of giraffe saliva, so it wasn't my finest moment of 2015, but it was an amazing experience.


November: Alex's anniversary present was us going to see Dynamo live - and wow. I'm so glad I booked it and we got to go. It was just incredible. So good, and so much fun. I'm not a huge fan of watching magic and illusions on the TV, but seeing it live in-front of my face made it so real and just fascinating. If you are able to do something like that, definitely jump at the chance. You won't regret it!


December: This month has probably been up there as one of the best months of this whole year, and the worst one in other ways. I won't go in to the crap stuff, let's just focus on the good things - I FINALLY TURNED 21!!!!! AND I WENT TO PARIS!!!!!!!!! I am so lucky and so grateful for the chance to go away for my birthday, as well as being treated to everything while I was there. I bought myself a beautiful handbag that was on my wish list, and I ate myself in to oblivion. Yum. Thank you to all again for my lovely cards, gifts, messages and everything else you did for me on my birthday. I also worked as an Elf in Santa's Grotto over December, which was probably more fun than anybody could possibly imagine. I worked with some lovely people, and I'll never forget the experience. Spending time over Christmas with my lovely rugrats made the whole thing so much more exciting, because they are so excited about Father Christmas coming, and they just make Christmas so much more special.


I had a really good 2015 with my family and loved ones, and I can't wait to see what 2016 brings. I hope it's love, health, wealth, and pure happiness. What are you hoping for in 2016?

With love, Georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment