Stay Updated

Thursday 31 December 2015

2016!


Something about the look of 2016 just makes me warm to it. Something makes me think it's going to be a good year for me. I'm not entirely sure why, I can't quite put my finger on it, but, something just feels good. I'm not sitting here saying that I'm gonna be a new me in the New Year, but, I would like to think that I'm going to be a slightly improved or upgraded version of the person I've been over the last year. I don't think I'm a bad person, just think there are ways that I could maybe better myself. 
My one single goal for 2015 was to take up a new hobby - I think I achieved that in blogging. Maybe for some, it's not quite what you'd call a hobby, but I wanted something that I could put time and effort in to, and look at what I'd achieved after so long. So far, so good. I'm happy that I finally got myself together and just went for it. I've met some really nice people from it so far, and I hope that continues in to 2016.

I think when it comes to resolutions, as I said before, it's really important to not make too many huge lifestyle changes. It's almost impossible, and you'll lose sight of yourself, who you really are, and start focussing so much on who you want to be, that you lose a part of you that your friends and family love. Ok, going to the gym and eating healthy is a really good idea, but don't forget about your little sister who loves to eat cookies and ice cream with you every once in a while, or your boyfriend who might want to take you out for a nice dinner - he could make you a salad at home, just chill and enjoy yourself. Maybe set yourself some time once a day, once a week, even once a month to look at what changes you hoped to make, and see how you're getting on with them? Don't go in on them hell bent, otherwise you'll stress yourself out, and won't even be able to have a glass of wine or a bar of chocolate without hating yourself for it. 

I've decided to have different types of resolutions, my first being making some small changes to my life as I know it:
  • SAVE MONEY!! I know this is one that everybody says, but now I'm getting older and have started to focus on what I would like to have in the future, it's really important that I just leave that new top I've seen in Topshop, and I really don't need that pair of ankle boots that are maybe just slightly different to the 5 pairs I already have. Hard, and really quite depressing, but true. 
  • I would like to read every day. I love to read, and I wish I gave it more time. I need to learn how to just relax and enjoy some time for myself. I always want to get so much done in a short space of time, and I never take the time to just get lost in a book. I read so much if I'm poorly, or on holiday, but never just because I can.
  • I would like to tone up, and get back down to the weight I was when I met Alex. Obviously, before we got together, I managed to get myself super skinny just to impress him (not necessary), and now I want to get back down to that weight and tone up a bit. We've decided to go to the gym together, and get a joint membership. We tried out one just before Christmas and decided we wanted to give it a go, so there we have it.
  • My final personal aim is to just be generally more organised in life. I want to wake up everyday, have time to have breakfast, read, put on some make up, do my hair. If that means waking up one hour earlier than I need to, then so be it. I have got my diary, a brand new to-do list doodle pad, and my 2016 Happiness Planner, and I'm good to go. Having a new Mulberry notepad has also made me want to make the right kinds of lists of things that I would like to do,  buy, or places I'd like to go. These things help me stay on the right track, and keep focussed on what I would like to achieve in this upcoming year.
Travel:
  • Another goal of mine is to travel to at least 3 new places this year. They could be close by, or not too close at all, but I would like to spend some time exploring three new places. I'd love to go to Dublin, I'm desperate to go back to Italy, but maybe this time somewhere more like Rome or Venice? Alex and I are talking about visiting Barcelona around February time, maybe just after his mum gets married. That's three places already! There are so many places I'd like to see, and being young with no responsibilities is the perfect time to get out there and see what this big wide world has to offer. 
  • I would love to conquer my fear of flying. I don't know what it is, but it's quite a recent thing. I always get sick, and it's not travel sickness, it's anxiety, because it happens before I fly, not during. I can control it with travel sickness medication, but I don't want to have to do that anymore.
And finally, social media/blogging:
  • Sounds really sad, but I just want to continue with this blog and making some new friends along the way. I'd quite like to get up to around 1000 followers on Instagram - only 600 and something to go! But no, honestly, it would just be to get my blog exposure up a bit more. I've already had way more page views than I ever expected, and my blog has reached people I never thought it would, but I'm really proud of that. I'm happy that I pushed myself to do this, because it's already so much fun.
Whatever your hopes and dreams are for 2016, I hope that whatever you do, you end up happy. As long as you're happy, healthy and you do the best you can, you can't go wrong. I wish you all the best, and I can't wait to hear about what you've been up to for New Year's Eve! Got my few drinks ready, and I'm excited to welcome the New Year in with the person I love the most.

Best wishes, and Happy New Year!

With love, Georgie x

No comments:

Post a Comment