Stay Updated

Wednesday 16 December 2015

I MADE IT!


21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 21! 


I do not even know where to begin! How on earth have I managed to make it to 21? I can't believe it - how my poor mother hasn't killed me I do not know.

Wellllllllllllll, I do not even know where to begin, so I'll start by saying a huuuuuuuuge THANK YOU!!!! to everybody that sent me messages through all kinds of social media as well as good old cards - your words, wishes, and gifts are honestly so appreciated, and I can't thank you enough. Sorry if it took me a short while to get back to you, I was in.....



PARIS!!!!!

Yes, Paris was a massive shock to me - I knew Alex was taking me somewhere to celebrate my birthday, but I never expected it to be there. A couple of people had let the cat out the bag, but I really didn't think Alex had told anybody the truth about it so didn't pay much attention. But, he had. Whoops! Never mind, we still had the best time, and had so much fun. We literally walked, ate, slept and shopped. The last three being my favourite things in the world - walking, hmmmm, not so much.

We visited Paris once before for our first anniversary now, but we only went for one day, and felt like we weren't able to explore everywhere we wanted to go, or see all the things we wanted to see. And I was really ill which kinda ruined the day for me, but that's a different story! So, imagine my surprise when I opened a tour guide of Paris for my birthday! Although I was excited, I was really nervous after all that had been going on there, but honestly, I felt so safe and secure it couldn't have been any better.

We woke up SOOOOO early on the morning of the 9th December - 3am to be precise! We were flying from Heathrow, so managed to get a bit of time to have a good old wander around Terminal 5 before our flight. I popped into the Louis Vuitton store just to compare the two bags I had my eye on, and see which one I was leaning towards... I made my mind up there and then which one I wanted, just knew I had to wait until I got to Paris to buy it!

About 20 minutes before we were due to board, I started to feel so ill again - I don't know if it's nerves, excitement, or just travel sickness, but I always get ill before we fly. I was so sick it was unreal, but the flight attendants were honestly so good to me, and made me feel really at ease - thank you BA girls! Couldn't have felt better about feeling so so bad without you! When we got off the plane, we jumped in a taxi and zoomed off to our hotel. I say that, I slept the whole way. Hehehehehe.

We actually fell asleep for like 3 hours when we got to the room, we were both so tired. When we got up it was dark outside, so we took a cold and leisurely stroll up to the Eiffel Tower - we weren't able to go up it on this trip because it was so foggy up at the top, so had to admire it just from the bottom. We went to the second floor before and it was preeeettyyyyyyy high. Eeeeeeek.

But this was fine for us, it's just so beautiful. Such an amazing structure, and with all the climate issues going on there, they were projecting messages on to the first floor of the Tower - I liked this one.

We found one little restaurant that was an absolute dream, we went there almost every single day of our trip! The waiters even remembered us and knew what we had eaten before.... Fatty. Awkward. Oh well, it was my birthday, anything goes.

They honestly served the BEST steak and chips, and also amazing waffles and crepes that we happily tucked in to time after time. Yummy.

This place also served the most incredible milkshakes - something which I usually avoid, but this time I just couldn't. I had vanilla, and Alex had strawberry, just wow they were insane. Definitely a must have.



On my birthday, I woke up surrounded by balloons, banners, bunting, doughnuts, presents, and everything else you could possibly think of to make a birthday special. I couldn't believe the effort that Alex had gone to without me knowing, to make sure he had decorations for the room - including tape to hold the decorations up, and a lighter for my candles on my 'cake'.

Taking an actual birthday cake was not an option for him, so for him to pick up a box of my favourite doughnuts was just perfect. I'm not a huge cake lover anyway, I prefer these. Scrummy. He tried to make a tower, but it didn't really work out for him. By the time we actually put the candles in them, we had eaten half of them! Oh well!

We also went for a little stroll and found the cutest Italian restaurant, and we had THE BEST pizza I've ever tasted. It was a parma ham pizza and had an egg on it - sounds weird but was like another celebration in my mouth, yum.

I literally can't even think straight we had so much fun in Paris I don't know what to tell you first! We went on an open top bus tour, and got off at the Louvre. I was gonna do one of those cringe photos standing on the box with my finger on the point, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was cringing at the thought of it!

So instead, here I am! With my little bobble hat, and the dreamiest, warmest and most comfortable coat from Dorothy Perkins - cheers Dotty!

To say this museum was a disappointment wouldn't really be fair - to me, it was, because.. Well, I'm just not into history and stuff, so I only went to see the Mona Lisa - which I couldn't even get anywhere near because there were so many people, and loads of tourists with their selfie sticks, wanting their mum, dad, brother, sister, auntie, uncle, cousin, cousin's boyfriend, cousin's boyfriend's mum, cousin's boyfriend's mum's sister etc in the pic with them. Couldn't even really see it much. Sucks to be short. But I think Alex liked it, all the Egyptian and Greek artefacts and stuff. If I knew what these things meant, I probably would have enjoyed it a bit more. Oh well. They sold me a good sandwich so.... Every cloud.

 Back on the bus, we went round Paris and saw loads of monuments, loads of high end shops - Chanel, Valentino, Givenchy etc. My dream shopping places if I had unlimited money, as you may have noticed in my dream shopping list post! We were the only people on the top deck, so we took so many stupid photos and pulled the most random faces and poses - although thinking about it now, I bet so many people on the street were questioning what the hell we were doing! Oh well, I don't care. We have so many happy memories from our short time in Paris, what other people think won't change them!

We went to the aquarium, and I didn't think it would be that good. Fish? They can't really be that exciting, can they? Well blow me down, they were.

They had sooooooo many types of fish! I don't even know the names of them. But I did see an octopus in real life for the first time ever. And a shark. Quite a big shark. And a hammerhead shark. I liked that one. Was so ugly it became kinda cute. And star fish, sting ray, Nemo, Dory, coral, everything. So good. If you're in Paris, go there - opposite the Eiffel Tower. Do it. I dare you.

I really did have my reservations about going to Paris, but I have never had so much fun exploring a city, getting lost, eating the best food, and shopping. My gosh, the shopping! We spent so much time wandering the streets of Paris, we found so many little cute boutiques and little independent restaurants and fun little souvenir shops. There is everything and anything you could possibly wish for to take home, but we went to a Christmas market and bought pretty much everything we wanted to bring home to our family there. We also bought the most beautiful bauble from a little hut at the Christmas market that is hand decorated, with a sparkly Eiffel Tower, and snowflakes and just argh it's gorgeous! I love it. I've put some pink ribbon around it and hung it on my tree this year already. Yay! It just looks sooooooo cute.

My FAVOURITE part of my birthday trip, however, was buying myself my birthday treat. I worked my little butt off to make as much money as I possibly could so that I could buy myself something nice. And here it is. My newest little baby. It was between this, some Valentino Rockstuds, or another pair of lovely Loubs. I don't wear my best shoes as much as I should, but a bag I would use all the time. So I got the bag. I got the best service in Louis Vuitton, and also had my initials monogrammed on to the strap, just because I could. So here it is...... Enjoy!



I have no more words. Just love hearts in my eyes. And no more money in my bank - PAYDAY WHERE YOU AT????

With love, Georgie x


No comments:

Post a Comment