Stay Updated

Sunday 22 November 2015

The power of words.

With a few crap things going on in my personal life at the moment, I feel like an absolute douche for admitting it, but sometimes I really do take comfort from words. Just anonymous quotes that haven't been said to me, but I've read, and thought that they really do relate to me.

As I think I've said before, I really do love to read. It may sound silly to some of you, but reading just takes me to a place where I don't think about what time it is, what I should be doing, where I need to be blah blah blah. I just get lost in words.

So because of that, I look at these quotes that you see daily on Instagram or Facebook, and I use them to think about how I can lift my spirits.


So, although I do not believe for one second that my loved ones deserve what we are going through right now, or have been through in the past, I do completely believe that these things have helped us come together as a family and we have realised what's really important. Unfortunate situations have thrown us off track, and late night/early morning hospital trips have become the norm over the past three weeks, but we are so much closer. I've been spending a lot of time with my Grandad lately, and I don't care how silly it sounds, but I've really learned how much I appreciate him, and all his stories. They really are fascinating, and he knows so much about absolutely worthless stuff, as well as really interesting stuff that I never knew. But that stuff might come in handy one day. I'll treasure these evenings I spend with him cooking fish pies, stews, sharing stories of how to fix all the evil in the world, coming up with creative inventions that would probably only help us out in the world and looking at pictures of his fish pond when he's cleared it out. When things go back to normal, I know for certain I will make sure I continue spending time with both him and my Nan. I do go and see them a few times a week when I'm passing by, but usually it's just a quick hello and I'm off again. It's not enough. They won't be here forever, and I know I need to make the very most of all the time I have left.

Seeing the change in somebody that you love over a matter of weeks can be really, really scary. When your loved one is usually so independent, happy, funny and crazy, it's so very strange to see them in so much pain, so tired, so weak and so dependent on the people around them. Especially when it's so unwanted. It's hard to help somebody that will not be helped, and that's a matter of their pride. It's made me realise that we all need to make the most of the time we have, the life we have, the adventures we can enjoy together. I can't wait until everything is normal, and we can (hopefully) visit the Winchester Christmas Market like we have done since I've been at Uni there, go out for dinner for my birthday, enjoy Christmas, everything. Just like it used to be. 


I'm in the middle of an assignment for uni, so I shouldn't really be blogging. Just thought I needed to get a few words out there, instead of them being stuck in my head. One final thought though, I don't think I would have been able to stay sane throughout all this without my best friends. Yesterday, I received a parcel in the post (not gonna lie Lyds, it did look a lot like a suspicious package with the amount of tape and stamps), which contained a card and some biscuits. Such a small and simple idea, but so effective. I'm so grateful for your kindness, friendship and loyalty. Your support is everything, and you really do your best to take my mind off of all that's happening. Tea and biscuits is up there with my favourite things, and you are pretty close to the top, too. Love you xxx

Sorry for my ramblings, I just needed a little outburst. Cuddle your loved ones, tell them you love them, and make the most of them while you can. 

With love, Georgie x


1 comment: